For most of us in the modern world it is a constant challenge to maintain a healthy balance between a daily life cluttered with information and our mental and physical health. One of the most meaningful ways to maintain the balance is to retreat for a while to a solitary and spiri-tual place.
As organisers of trekking and cultural tours in Nepal, Ladakh (India) as well as cultural tours in the kingdom of Bhutan, we cultivate a passionate relationship with the Himalayan mountain regions, with their people and their culture. The colourful and unspoiled country, the diversity of cultures, the taste of the wind in the tops of the mountains, the absolute silence, and the infinite free-dom on the summits hold us under their spell. Looking for more untouched mountain landscapes in Asia, we have a new destination, the nomadic country Kyrgyzstan that we have added to our program.
In contrast to many other types of holiday, our tours will truly help you to escape from the stress of the modern world, from emails, from mobile telephones and from your daily sched-ule. We offer relaxation for your mind, and open up a doorway to infinite freedom in the most beautiful mountains in the world, with fascinating, colourful and unspoilt cultures which can change your life.
Why travel with geoDiscovery Tours?
geoDiscovery Tours is not only our company, but also a reflection of our passion for the mountains of the Himalayas, its people and its rich cultures. This is why the principles of our company include fair treatment of our employees and business partners, security for our customers, and protection and preservation of cultures, in addition to sustainable tourism and environmental protection.
Fair treatment of our crew and our business partners
Fairness along the entire tourism chain is the flagship of our company. Our guides and por-ters are among the key performers in our company. They are a very high priority for us. We ensure that these, our key performers, receive fair remuneration and are treated as equals and with due respect. This is why we do not negotiate giveaway prices with our business partners, which would ultimately be at the expense of local people, the guides and porters.
We also invest in appropriate trekking equipment for our guides and porters, as well as in their training and further development and qualifications.
On the same principle of fairness for all we also offer you, our customers, a fair price per-formance package, and abstain from high surcharges.
Your safety and comfort
Your safety and comfort are our top priority and for that we do everything possible to help to make your trip a safe and memorable adventure. We guarantee this by
Experienced local mountain guides, all trained in first aid: All our mountain guides have several years of trekking experience. They are well acquainted with the mountains of the Himalayas, the conditions of the weather and the roads.
- Use of satellite phones: On our treks of 5,000 metres above sea level and higher, we use satellite phones in order to ensure guaranteed communication between you and our office in case of emergency.
- Use of oximeter: On our trekking tours we use an oximeter to regularly measure your heart rate and the oxygen saturation in your blood, so that in cases of over-exertion we can act to counter problems in good time.
- Use of the Gamow Bag or Oxygen Set: On our tours of 5,000 metres and higher, we use Gamow Bags (pressure bags) or Oxygen Set in order to be able to treat possible cases of altitude sickness.
- First Aid Kit: In all of our treks we carry first aid kits with appropriate essential medicines.
- Sufficient time for acclimatisation: All our routes are planned carefully and with sufficient time for acclimatisation to ensure that you always stay fit and healthy.
- Categorisation of our trips according to difficulty: To help make it easier to book the right tour to suit your trekking experience, tours are categorised according to level of difficulty.
- Typical local hotels: Where possible, we book hotels in quieter locations and with interiors typical of the area in order to be able to bring the culture of the country as close to you as possible.
- Comfort Tours: For those guests preferring more comfort we offer stays in high-class accommodation, provided this is possible in the respective areas.
- Comprehensive advice: Embark on your trip fully prepared and with the correct advice.
Protection and preservation of cultures / Sustainable Travel
We are fascinated by the richness, the beauty and the wisdom of the culture we encounter in Nepal and Bhutan. We are also convinced that these cultures could be a model not only for the Himalayas, but perhaps even an exemplary model for culture around the world. Their protection and preservation are important to us. As tourists in these countries, and in contact with its people, we respect their customs and traditions and support organisations committed to their protection and preservation.
As organisers of trekking tours in the Himalayas and aficianados of the local nature, we are conscious of our responsibility with regard to environmental protection. We believe that the uniqueness of the mountains in the Himalayas, their rich culture and their natural diversity should be shared with as many of you as possible. We also believe that our presence as tourists should not have a negative impact on nature. Therefore, we support the local envi-ronmental organisations with conviction and, together with those of our customers who would like to help us, set up environmental and cleaning campaigns. These take place on the trekking routes and at schools. Based on the motto: Hand in Hand for environmental pro-tection and for the preservation, diversity and beauty of nature.
Tanzania is one of the most interesting travel destinations in the world.
Rocky peaks such as Kilimanjaro (5,895 m) and Mt. Meru (4,566 m) as well as volcanic landscapes, rainforests, tropical beaches and an enchanting wildlife characterize the country.
We have explored various tours in Tanzania for you and decided to offer trekking and safari tours in this unique country from now on.
You can find our tripshttps://www.safaribookings.com/ on our website as well as on the SafariBookings portal.